Safe Driving Training
This Safe Driving Course will guide you through all aspects of Safe Driving, from basic driver safety and vehicle safety, to hazards and controls.
Our comprehensive course will explain in detail what you need to know, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module. The course has been designed help drivers understand important parts of road and vehicle safety and improve overall safety related driving and vehicles.
This course will help employers with maintaining due diligence in ensuring that all drivers understand the specifics of safe driving. After completion of this course you will be issued a certificate of completion.
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- Basic driver safety and vehicle maintenance
- Different types of vehicle safety features
- What a safe driver needs to do while driving any type of vehicle
- Road hazards and how controls are used to minimize risk
Safe Driving Key Points:
- Driver safety is both the responsibility of the worker and employer
- Drivers, vehicles and the road all present unique hazards
- All employers are required to show due diligence in ensuring their employees are trained for Safe Driving
- Access Safety’s Safe Driving Course can help you stay OHS compliant
Who Needs Safe Driving Training?
There are a wide variety of industries that require their workers to be trained in Safe Driving, including but not limited to:
- Oil and Gas
- Health care
- Environmental Driving Hazards – Lesson 1 covers the environmental driving hazards that you cannot control, everything from light and weather, to road conditions and traffic.
- Personal Driving Hazards – Lesson 2 provides an internal look at driving hazards, covering drivers license levels and personal distractions, to making sure you are using all of your senses to the best of their ability.
- Driving Incidents – Lesson 3 gives you an overview of the most common types of collisions and strategies on how to prevent each one.
- Safe Driving Procedures Part 1 – Lesson 4 explains how to use and measure time intervals for safe driving distances, setting up your driver seat, and making sure your tires are up to proper standards.
- Safe Driving Procedures Part 2 – Lesson 5 shows you how to develop a safe driving policy and what should be included, and how to deal with quick stops and congested traffic.
- Vehicle Safety & Maintenance – Lesson 6 provides you with a list of routine maintenance checks that should be done prior to each trip, and how to ensure any cargo is properly stored.
Average Course Running Time: 3.5 Hours
|STANDARDS COMPLIANT Developed to meet and exceed Federal and Provincial standards.|
|PRINT CERTIFICATES ON COMPLETION Wallet & Wall sized certificates may be printed upon course completion. Additional copies may be re-printed at any time at no additional cost.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 7 days/week Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 8:00 pm and weekends 12:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be taken from desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and most devices with an internet connection. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.